Thursday 7 October 2010

Why I chose Media Studies

I like films.
Since GCSE, I chose Media Studies because a part of me had always believed that there's an interesting side to it, the way everything is structured to perfection, codes of ethics in the journalism industry, censorship... so on and so forth. And even though I slowly found out that it's not as conspiratorial as I have seemed to imagine it earlier, I still believe in the purpose of Media, as a tool, and I understand how significant it is for humanity as a civilisation, and I personally would like to take part in the process of controlling this 'device' that seems to function as a type of a governing body in a way, via studying it.
At GCSE, I had obtained a great amount of fundamental Media knowledge, but I don't think I've yet had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment